Most of you have texted us about which countries Georgia has opened borders with. Except this, It is an actual topic where to travel as a digital nomad during covid-19. So we will present Georgia as the Best Country to travel as a Digital Nomad. also, I will focus on lists of countries that included Georgia in the green list and imposed certain restrictions. As for the last part of the blog, you will find an extract from the publication of the New York post’., it names Georgia as a safe zone in terms of remote work in the top six. . It is also a great place for Digital Nomads. and that’s why we mentioned Georgia – Best Country to travel as a Digital Nomad. So if you are a digital entrepreneur stuck somewhere during crazy times of covid-19., and you are looking for places where you can safely travel consider Georgia
Georgian Border Crossing Regulations related to the COVID-19 pandemic | Best Country to travel as a Digital Nomad
At this stage, the state border of Georgia is opened unconditionally for 5 out of 27 EU member states. they are:
Citizens of the countries./ people with permanent residence permits can come to Georgia for all types of visits only by air. in case of departure from the indicated 5 countries. Before crossing the Georgian border, they must complete a specially designed, electronic form. available on a specially designed website of the Government of Georgia. which will indicate the history of travel during the last 14 days before entering Georgia., accommodation, contact information, and more. Furthermore, The above-mentioned individuals represent subject to thermal screening at border points. and in case of temperature above 37 degrees, they undergo PCR examination
What about EU citizens as a digital nomads?!
Citizens of EU countries, which entered Georgia in the so-called ‘green list’ .(except for the 5 countries listed above.) or various restrictions that went imposed, can enter Georgia under a 14-day mandatory quarantine. but, note that the costs of which they must cover.
Moreover, If a citizen/person with a permanent residence permit of the above 5. countries arrives by air from the EU country with which Georgia opens the border by reservation. or from the countries with which Georgia does not have an open border. as well as, if he/she has a travel history of the mentioned 5 countries during the last 14 days., Except in other countries, it is subject to a 14-day mandatory quarantine at its own expense.
It should be a kind of note that business visits from all over the world will be carried out smoothly in advance., following the relevant form and in agreement with the relevant industry agency, click here to see the form. Guests choosing Georgia as the Best Country to travel as a Digital Nomad and arriving in Georgia on a business visit requires to undergo PCR testing.- at their own expense when entering Georgia, at customs checkpoint/border crossing point. otherwise, at the nearest customs control area. and at their own expense every 72 hours for the next 14 days., or undergo a mandatory 14-day quarantine, also at his / her own expense. This does not apply to citizens of 5 EU member states ./ holders of residence permits with whom Georgia unconditionally opens its borders.
Other issues related to border crossing In Georgia / Best Country to travel as a Digital Nomad
Firstly. only those citizens of Georgia fills The electronic form. who hold a permanent residence permit in the above-mentioned 5 countries, or are dual citizens.
Secondly,Citizens of the EU country / persons with a residence permit with whom the border opens. and, with certain reservation don’t fill in the electronic form, as they undergo requirement to pass 14-day quarantine.
next, It is not necessary to conduct a preliminary PCR examination before leaving for Georgia. The conclusion reflecting the laboratory research conducted abroad will not be accept as a substitute for PCR research.In order to conduct in Georgia on the necessary principle and / or mandatory 14-day quarantine.
after that, Citizens / persons with residence permits from EU member states: Italy, Cyprus, Greece, Spain, Sweden., Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Croatia., Slovenia will have to go through a 14-day quarantine if they enter Georgia with their own funds.
In relation to European countries that are not members of the European Union, the state border of Georgia doesn’t open, with the exception of business visits.
#Another matters to take into consider
Citizens of Germany, France, Estonia, Lithuania and Latvia who enter from EU member states. with whom the state border is opened with a reservation are subject to a 14-day mandatory quarantine at their own expense.
Citizens of Germany, France, Estonia, Lithuania and Latvia who enter from EU member states with which Georgia has no open border are subject to a 14-day mandatory quarantine at their own expense.
Citizens of Germany, France, Estonia, Lithuania and Latvia who come from non-EU countries. and other continents are subject to a 14-day mandatory quarantine at their own expense.
above all, Georgian citizens coming from the European Union and other countries are subject to a mandatory 14-day quarantine. Exceptions are citizens of Georgia who hold a document certifying permanent residence in France, Germany, Estonia., Latvia or Lithuania, or at the same time hold the status of a citizen of these countries.
#Other notes that Digital Nomad Candidates should take into account
If a Georgian citizen with permanent residence in the above 5 countries arrives by air.- from the EU country with which Georgia opens the border by reservation (Italy, Cyprus, Greece, Spain, Sweden, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Croatia, Iceland). or from countries with which Georgia does not have an open border. and if during the last 14 days has a travel history in countries other than the 5 mentioned countries., then a citizen of Georgia is subject to a 14-day mandatory quarantine at state expense.
- First of all, A citizen of Georgia who holds a residence permit in the EU member states.(except for the 5 countries listed above) is subject to a mandatory 14-day quarantine.
- Second of all, Citizens of the EU member states for whom the Georgian border opens have the right to enter the country. through the land border according to the decree. Upon entry, they are subject to quarantine at their own expense.
Preventive testing for the virus
If you have chosen Georgia in the list of best Best Country.- to travel as a Digital Nomad during the Covid-19 pandemic. you surely have to take preventative testing for the virus. Including:
- PCR testing conducts at airports.
- Air airport PCR examination is subject to citizenship/residence permit of 5 EU countries. if he/she has expressed his/her permission to pass the test in advance (in the application).
- The PCR-survey response represents within a maximum of 24 hours. recommended that the person is in self-isolation before receiving the survey response.
- In response to the survey results, the person will receive information by e-mail within a maximum of 24 hours. In case of a positive answer, telephone communication will also be provide by the NCDC. The infected person will be transported to the appropriate medical facility.
#Other things to take into account:
- The sampling procedure for one person PCR examination varies within 5-10 minutes.
- Passengers at the airport undergo a PCR test with their consent.
- Guests arriving in Georgia on a business visit requires to undergo PCR testing at their own expense upon arrival in Georgia. at a customs checkpoint/border crossing point. or at the nearest customs control zone, and to conduct PCR examination.- at their own expense every 72 hours for the next 14 days. ( If a person diagnoses with an immunoglobulin “G” as a result of the first PCR examination, he/she will exempt from further studies), or undergo a mandatory 14-day quarantine. also at his own expense. This does not apply to citizens of 5 EU member states / holders of residence permits. – with whom Georgia unconditionally opens its borders.
Quarantine in Georgia | Best Country to travel as a Digital Nomad
Quarantine is mandatory for citizens of Georgia and citizens of EU countries. with which the state border is opened with a certain reservation. So the people from varied countries who would like to choose Georgia.- as the Best Country to travel as a Digital Nomad should consider quarantine.
Quarantine also applies to citizens of the above-mentioned 5 EU countries / people with permanent residence permits. who enter Georgia from countries with which we do not have an open border. or have a history of travel to countries other than these 5 countries during the last 14 days..
#the must know list for Digital Nomads
- In the case of Georgian citizens, the quarantine costs covers by the state, and in the case of EU citizens, they themselves.
- The quarantine hotel can not be select by the visitor.
- Transportation from the airport to the hotel the state provides. Leaving the hotel after a period of 14 days, in case of a negative result confirmed by PCR test.
- The person obliged is to be in the quarantine area for 14 days after crossing the border.
- A person undergoes PCR examination before leaving the quarantine hotel.
PCR examination is mandatory before leaving the hotel. In the case of EU citizens, the test fee is paid by the citizen himself. and in the case of Georgian citizens – by the state.
'The New York Post' names 6 best countries for remote work | Best Country to travel as a Digital Nomad
Purchase a 1-bedroom condo – $ 210,000
2-bedroom cottage rental – night / 150 USD
Purchase of 1-bedroom apartment – $ 250,000
Rent a 3-bedroom apartment – $ 2,000 per month
Buy a Luxurious 3-Bedroom Apartment – $ 320,000
2-Bedroom Triplex Rental – $ 1,620 per month
Georgia is the best country for distance – digital work …
Purchase of a 1-bedroom apartment – $ 350,000
Buy a 1-bedroom apartment – $ 2,100
Purchase a 1-bedroom home – $ 170,000
Rent a 3-bedroom house – $ 1,200 per month
Purchase of 1-bedroom house – 184,000 USD
Rent a 4-bedroom house – $ 1,910 per month.
According to the New York Post, New Yorkers are leaving the city in record numbers and looking for real estates in and around the city, such as Hampton and New Jersey. Renting a house near New York City costs about $ 50,000 a month.
To conclude, According to the publication, the population of the US is not only looking for a suitable place. hereinafter to work remotely in the suburbs of New York, but also around the world. The publication writes that several countries which economies are heavily dependent on tourism. are starting to issue special long-term visas to foreign tourists. who want to work remotely from a relatively safe environment from the coronavirus.
Restrictions in Georgia | Covid-19 Update
Border Crossing Regulations During Covid-19
Border crossing regulations of Georgia according to the data of February 1!
Let’s start with the fact that the border crossing regime for foreign nationals airlifted to Georgia has been eased – new regulations, which came into force on February 1, with the resumption of regular flights, were approved by the Interagency Coordination Council headed by the Prime Minister of Georgia.
Foreign visitors can enter Georgia unconditionally if they present a document at the border of any type of vaccine full course – taken, which means two full doses.
The obligation of self-isolation is abolished for unvaccinated visitors who are – citizens or residents of the European Union, Israel, Switzerland, USA, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, and Bahrain. In case of entering Georgia from these countries, including in transit, the citizen or resident visitors must submit a negative answer to the 72-hour PCR-test and on the third day after entering the country, must take a mandatory PCR test at their own expense.
In case of entry into Georgia from these countries, including in transit, citizens or residents (permanent residents) must submit a negative answer to the 72-hour PCR test and on the third day after entering the country, must take a mandatory PCR test.
To say in a word, to cross the Georgian border you should have taken a full course of vaccine or at least a PCR test taken within the last 22 hours.
Restrictions on the territory of Georgia during a pandemic
In Tbilisi, Kutaisi and Rustavi:
Shops and shopping malls resumed operations from February 1 (except weekends)
From March 1, due to the epidemiological situation, it is planned to open schools and restore transport operations.
Open and closed fairs will open in all cities from 15 February
In Batumi, Zugdidi, Gori, Poti and Telavi from February 1:
Municipal transport work resumed (except weekends)
Resumed operation of shops and malls (except weekends)
All over the country, except Tbilisi, Kutaisi and Rustavi, Schools have resumed.
In Adjara from February 1 it is allowed to receive guests outside the food outlets (except weekends)(It is forbidden to hold weddings and any big parties)
- In other regions, restaurants and food outlets, including hotels, continue to operate in the current mode – with delivery and delivery service
- Resumption of kindergartens, as well as the return of students to vocational and higher education institutions, are planned from March 1
- Until March 1, the existing restrictions on movement across the country remain in force – from 21:00 to 05:00
- At this stage, the work of intercity transport is also limited
- It is still mandatory to wear a mask, managing customer streams, queues , and distance
What you need to know as a business holder during Covid 19?!
Mandatory testing protocols have been established for each economic activity:
- All types of facilities – with more than 30 employees, including fairs, are required to provide testing of at least 20% of employees once every 2 weeks
- Food outlets must test 50% of employees once every 2 weeks
- Systematic testing of teachers will be conducted once in 2 weeks
Businesses can register on a special portal (labour.moh.gov.ge) and test employees with state funding until March 1
Proactive testing of symptomatic patients and systemic groups continue with state funding
If the average spread of the virus in the last 7 days is less than 4%, it is possible to remove the point restrictions earlier than planned.