Table of Contents of this Post
In this blog we will discuss for which type of activities require special license in Georgia. To make long story shorter, There are several types of licenses in Georgia:
Licenses to Operate in Georgia
1. Licence to produce and package baby food products
2. Licence to produce and package child food products
3. Licence to nuclear
4. License to Produce biological pesticides
5. General licence to produce certain types of weapons
6. special licence to repair certain type of weapon
7. General licence to manufacture, produce military weapons of warfare
8. General licence to repair military weapons of warfare (including upgrading and on-the-site service)
9. General licence to trade in military weapons of warfare
10. Licence to trade in certain types of weapons
11. Licence to produce, purchase, import or export electronic means of surveillance
12. Private broadcasting licence
13. Community broadcasting licence
14. Electricity generation licence
15. Electricity transmission licence
16. Electricity dispatching licenc
17. Electricity distribution licence
18. Natural gas distribution licence
19. Natural gas transportation licence
20. Oil processing licence
21. Natural gas processing licence
22. Oil transportation licence
23. Licence to carry out tutorial activities
24. Life insurance licenc
25. Insurance licence (not related to life)
26. Reinsurance licence
27. Licence to carry out banking activities
28. Licence to carry out non-banking deposit-credit activity
29. Licence to carry out the activities of securities registrar
30. Licence to carry out brokerage activity – Find more detailed blog about Procedures of Brokerage License in Georgia on my another blog post by simply clicking on this link.
31. Licence to carry out stock exchange activity
32. Licence to carry out central depositary activities
33. Licence to carry out the activities of an assets manager
34. Licence to carry out specialized depositary activities
35. Licence to carry out emergency service activities
36. Licence to carry out forensic-medical examination activities
37. Licence to carry out legal-psychiatric examination
38. Licence to carry out postmortem examination
39. Licence to work on especially dangerous pathogens
40. Licence to carry out the activities of occupational transfusiology
41. Licence to carry out private security services
42. Licence to carry out enforcement activity
43. Licence to supply water
43. Licence to lift state-owned scrap metal and nonferrous metal sunk in territorial sea and inland waters of Georgia
Licenses to use
1. Mineral extraction licence
2. Licence to use underground space
3. General licence to use oil and gas resources:
a) special licence for oil and gas exploration
b) special licence for oil and gas extraction
4. General licence for forest use:
a) special licence for timber production
b) special licence for hunting sector
5. Fishery licence
8. Licence to use radio frequency band
9. Licence to use fir cones, snowdrop bulbs, and/or cyclamen balls, for export purposes, entered into the annexes to the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES).
Types of Permits
1. Permit to transit goods subject to veterinary control.
2. Permit to import the goods subject to veterinary control.
3. Permit to import phytogenous products subject to phytosanitary control.
4. Environment impact permit.
5. Permit to transport, import, export, re-export, or transit the material of limited circulation (the list of material of limited circulation shall be defined
by a decision of the Government of Georgia).
6. Permit to use explosive material of industrial purposes.
7. Permit to purchase and transfer radioactive materials.
8. Permit to export and import radioactive materials, raw materials from which production or generation of nuclear materials is possible, equipment containing radioactive substances, nuclear technologies and know-how as well as export, import and transit of radioactive sources.
9. Permit to export radioactive waste.
10. Permit to export, import and re-export species entered into the annexes of the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild
Fauna and Flora (CITES), its parts and derivatives as well as to introduce species from the sea;
11. Permit to purchase (with the right to store) a short-barrel firearm for defense or sports screw-barrel firearm by a natural person.
12. Permit to purchase for defense (with the right to store and carry) a gas weapon, a hunting rifle, a sports long-barrel firearm, or a sports short smoothbarrel firearm by a natural person.
13. Permit to purchase non-military weapons (with the right to store and carry) by a person specified in paragraph 13 of this article who, based on Georgian legislation, is eligible to retain the right to carry such weapons after the expiration of official duties.
14.Permit to purchase (with the right to store and carry) weapons under the ownership of persons specified in paragraph 2(h-p) of Article 9-p of the Law of Georgia on Firearms for the purpose of granting the weapons the status of government-issued weapons in the course of official duties.
15. Permit to purchase (with the right to store and carry) weapons transferred under the status of government-issued weapons to weapon-user persons specified in Article 9 (2h) and (2p) of the Law of Georgia on Firearms.
16. Permit to take non-military firearms and/or gas weapons purchased in Georgia by a foreign citizen out of Georgia.
17. Permit to bring in and take out hunting or sport firearms and/or ammunition by a foreign citizen out of Georgia.
18. Permit issued by a respective sports institution to temporarily take out of or bring into Georgia sports and hunting firearms for the purpose of
participating in a respective type of sporting event held abroad.
19. Permit to open a shooting gallery, shooting ground, and shooting-hunting training device.
20. Permit to arrange a shooting gallery, shooting ground, and shooting-hunting training device.
21. Permit to import, export, re-export, or transit weapon and ammunition.
22. Permit to export, import, re-export, transit, internal processing, external processing, and temporary import and/or export of military weapons for
23. Permit to collect and exhibit weapons
24. Permit to bring into and take out of Georgia or move inside the territory of Georgia weapons and ammunition by persons accompanying representatives of foreign countries and international organizations as well as other important persons during their visits.
25. Permit to move/transport and send weapons and ammunition.
26. Permit to bring into or take out from Georgia (except for transit and re-export) non-military weapons and/or gas firearms, its/their key parts and/or
ammunition by a citizen of Georgia.
27. Construction permit (except for construction of special importance, radioactive, or nuclear facilities).
28. Permit to construct facilities of special importance (except for construction of radioactive or nuclear facilities).
29. Permit to construct radioactive and nuclear facilities.
30. Permit for regular transportation of local urban passengers..
31. Permit to export, import, re-export, or transit the goods of dual purpose.
32. Permit to carry out aerial work.
33. Permit for irregular international air transportation-shipment.
34. Onetime and multiple permits for international automobile regular passenger transportation specified by international treaty of Georgia.
35. One-time and multiple permits to international cargo shipment specified by an international treaties of Georgia.
36. Permit for an international cargo shipment from the territory of Georgia (above the quota set by international treaty), performed by a foreign
37. Permit for free trade point activities.
38. Permit to operate a customs warehouse.
37. Permit to organize a casino.
38. Permit for gambling clubs.
39. Permit to organize a slot club.
40. Permit to organize a betting house.
41. Permit to organize a lotto.
42. Permit to organize a bingo.
43. Permit to organize lotteries.
44. Permit to import or export therapeutic agents subject to special control.
45. Permit to clinical research of pharmaceuticals.
46. Permit to produce pharmaceuticals (therapeutic agents except for narcotics).
47. Permit for an authorized drugstore.
48. Permit to import non-iodized salt.
49. Permit to carry out works on monuments of cultural heritage.
50. Permit for archeological works.
51. Permit to export Georgian cultural valuables from Georgia.
52. Permit for outdoor advertising.
53. Permit for inpatient facility.
54. Permit to use radio frequency bands.
55. Permit to use numerical resources
General Trade License in Georgia
Several People asked me regarding the General Trade License in Georgia and I want to revert to this question in today’s blog. I believe people are concerned about this since in some countries they export, import or trade goods or products like clothes, accessories, furniture, electronics, etc. However, in Georgia it is not like this. You can establish and start Importing and Trading this kind of goods without any special license. In other words, you can chill, since you are not obligated to acquire license prior to start trading. As you would see above, there are certain types of trade activities only where you are required to obtain a license in Georgia, just like:
* General licence to trade in military weapons of warfare
* Licence to trade in certain types of weapons
* Permit to export, import and re-export species entered into the annexes of the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild